Your First Component - HelloGrasshopper not appearing in Grasshopper menu

Hello
I am attempting to develop my first grasshopper component. I have gone through the setup tutorials
Installing Tools (Windows) and
Your First Component (Windows)
and have made it to the point where I run the debug [> play button] from Visual Studio.
Rhino starts and Grasshopper loads, but the new plugin does not appear in the Curve > Primitive menu.
I searched for “HelloGrasshopper” and found nothing.
I’ve rechecked my steps along the way many times, and not sure what has gone wrong.
_GrasshopperDeveloperSettings: I added the path to my VS Solution
“C:\Users\Thomas\source\repos\HelloGrasshopper\HelloGrasshopper\bin”
and it then appears within the Valid Folders list.
But then on subsequent debugging sessions, in _GrasshopperDeveloperSettings the path appears in red, and no longer within the valid Folders list.
I suspect this path is the problem, but not sure how to solve it.
Should I be using a Grasshopper safe path? If so what would that be?

I also get this exception thrown with some regularity (not sure if it is relavent).
"Managed Debugging Assistant ‘DisconnectedContext’ : ‘Transition into COM context 0xc4162f8 for this RuntimeCallableWrapper failed with the following error: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010108 (RPC_E_DISCONNECTED)). This is typically because the COM context 0xc4162f8 where this RuntimeCallableWrapper was created has been disconnected or it is busy doing something else. Releasing the interfaces from the current COM context (COM context 0xc4161d0). This may cause corruption or data loss. To avoid this problem, please ensure that all COM contexts/apartments/threads stay alive and are available for context transition, until the application is completely done with the RuntimeCallableWrappers that represents COM components that live inside them.’

My plugin is somewhat simple but possibly useful script that creates tree like curve network by recursively subdividing a curve and creating a branching structure. Somewhat similar to L-Systems, I’m thinking of calling it “Antler”. It works pretty well as a C# component, that I developed using VS Code and the CodeParasite plugin. Much thanks to Long Ngyuen’s C# Scripting and Plugin Development for Grasshopper tutorial series for getting me this far.

thanks in advance

Thomas