Yak package manager not connected to internet even though rhino is

Hi all,

I’m trying to install Weaverbird for Grasshopper but for some reason Yak is not working. It seems like Rhino 6 is blocking connection to the internet, but my internet is working and I’m running Rhino 6 on a zoo license. How to resolve this problem?

I ran:

C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System>yak install weaverbird

I received the error:

Unhandled Exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Internet access disabled by Rhino
   at Yak.Connection.<RunRequest>d__22.MoveNext()

Thanks
– J

Hi Jackie, what version of Rhino 6 do you have installed? You can use Rhino’s _SystemInfo command to find out.

Thanks for the reply, this is what I have:

Rhino 6 SR17 2019-8-23 (Rhino 6, 6.17.19235.15041, Git hash:master @ 06b69c5cc21d880aa793a5a7cfd454a66f6213bb)
License type: Educational Lab License, build 2019-08-23
License details: LAN Zoo Network Node

Thanks for the extra details. I see that you’re using an Educational lab license… Is your computer managed by the school? Was Rhino installed by a system administrator?

You say that Rhino is connected to the internet. If you go to the “Update and Statistics” page in the Rhino Options (Help > Check for updates), is it all greyed out?

Yes you are right, I am using an educational lab license; the update and statistics page is all greyed out. I’m using my personal computer.

Based on the behaviour you’ve described, I think that Rhino has been installed on your machine using the DISABLE_INTERNET_ACCESS configuration setting. This installer setting is intended to be used by system administrators who wish to prevent Rhino from accessing the internet to check for updates, etc.

To fix this, you can upgrade Rhino, explicitly passing the default configuration setting. First, download the latest version of Rhino 6 (currently 6.25) from our website, then open up cmd.exe or powershell and run…

C:\Users\YOUR_USER> .\Downloads\rhino_en-us_6.25.20114.05271.exe -package DISABLE_INTERNET_ACCESS=0

When the installer loads, continue with installation as normal. After the installation has completed, you may be asked to restart your computer.

Once you’ve done this, please check that both yak.exe and the “Updates and Statistics” page are behaving normally and let me know if they’re not!