Yak CLI doesn't run in different directory

Hi everyone,

I am new about Yak. I was reading and following guides in here.
When I open Command Prompt in C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe directory, yak is working as desired. But when I was trying to use spec command in different directory to create manifest.yml (it is also same in Creating a Rhino Plug-in Package article), yak CLI is not working.

In Command Prompt I am getting this error when I type in related directory

yak spec
'yak' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
-Oğuzhan

Either use the full path to Yak, or add the folder that contains Yak executable to your %PATH%

Thanks for your answer, it is still not working.

What do you mean for first suggestion?
Let’s say I have a folder which is refers to this directory >> C:\Users\koral\Desktap\MyPluginPackage
In Command Prompt of this directory, do you suggest to run C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe this line?

For second suggestion, I copied Yak.dll and Yak.exe to my directory C:\Users\koral\Desktap\MyPluginPackage, when I prompt yak --version, its give me this error;

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'DocoptNet, 
Version=0.6.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7a38c71da49a547e' or one of its dependencies. 
The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Yak.Cli.Program.Main(String[] args)

Yes

Add the path of the directory containing yak.exe to your path. SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System in your command prompt before you run Yak.

1 Like

This works. Thanks for your help!