XNurbs Rhino plugin is available!

is it very important to write out how one system is dominating the market? i think everybody should know that. then just do your thing on your computer, no need to convince everybody how better off you are.

just to remind you guys, without mac you still would be messing around on windows 1.0 or… ok lets be honest you would still be typing into freaking Ms Dos. what you both have failed to see is that it needs the competition for us all to evolve. what good is a monopole which dictates how you have to work. enough dictating already. we need the alternatives. so if you chose to use windows good for you. its like jesus is better than buddah… braaa i am getting a throat.

which numbers? what would you like to hear? how would that change your opinion in what? i am not sure but maybe i have to call you windows? or which computer are you using fanboi? … lets grow up here. like one could not work on a mac. yes windows is superior just as those who have chosen to degrade apple computer users. kind of a ridiculous opinion. playing big business boss :wink:

ps

thats one opinion we can share, but that does not depend on the computers.

I didn’t mean to start a operating systems religion war here. I can care less what I use personally, let alone what others use.

I just wanted to address the business decision that a small developer like someone making a Rhino plugin should consider.

G

4 Likes

i am pretty sure he knows what he is doing. but spoiling any chances for others is not a sporty attitude generally and only adds to the following

which you certainly have contributed towards

Catia teams fully control the process of our SolidWorks plugin inside Dassault though SolidWorks claimed they worked ‘very hard’ for our SolidWorks plugin. So we have to keep our SolidWorks plugin as it is for a while.

Of course, to get through inside Dassault, we hoped that Catia teams would be fooled to believe that XNurbs were a trivial tool and only an extremely small number of users would need it. However, Catia teams are not “remote tribes in the Amazon” who tried to shoot down a helicopter with arrows and Catia teams just know what XNurbs is.

@Vladimir_Aleksic , You can understand why giant Dassault handled our SolidWorks plugin in such a complex way and big company like SolidWorks was not able to control the simple process for a SolidWorks plugin. You are a very talented and experienced designer. As I said, your demos should have already been presented to the management teams of big CAD vendors.

People in CAD actually told us that, while XNurbs tech is great, without training at the beginning, users may not know how to use it correctly and efficiently. This is very true! We are working on the training.

Some trolls play around in this thread. They try to mislead users and even asked “Forensic Investigations” in this thread. Playing dirty is your only solution to compete with XNurbs?

To genuine users: genuine users would like to discuss how to use XNurbs correctly and efficiently. So please don’t post some unrelated messages to this thread. Thank you.

@gustojunk I have decided to pursue your contribution in this topic anyway, maybe something can still manifest from it why not. @XNurbs I hope you dont regard XNurbs for Mac as off topic, anyway be welcomed to look over that topic either.

Not interested in that topic, really. At all.

My comment was only about NOT leading small developers with no software marketing/sales experience into miss-targeting their limited development resources.

It’s not useful for a plugins developer of advance surfacing to know what percentages of people buy Rhino on each OS platform. That’s noise. I think the only think that’s useful for such developers is: Addressable market. In this case:

“Which platform, not all Rhino users, but rather just the people using and needing advanced surfacing, use?”

I’ve heard things from small developers that they thought they were true, and scalable, just because 5 enthusiasts said so in a forum. That breaks my heart, especially when you realize that they are trying to succeed in life, making a living, feed their families… This is way way way more important IMO than a stupid crusade of which OS people use/like/lobby for. I give zero f****s about OSs dude. Seriously.

I’m interested in people, and seeing them being successful. And I’ll speak truth to that here for as long as I’m allowed.

G

Maybe suggest McNeel that they should stop developing Rhino for Mac all together if you are so concerned. I for my part would prefer working further on Mac OS out of several reasons, which you obviously dont care much about since you are proactively speaking against Mac.

I can remember how you started to troll xnurbs right in the beginning, thought its a waist of your time. now still think so? but now Macs are noise and your waist of time. seldom saw so much egomaniac “input” the main thing is you can spread your self indulged advises which in the end lead away from the topic. get a grip or a proper job.

and an OS is responsible for that? no more questions then.

Dear @encephalon.

Your passion is laudable, but perhaps we should let it go and allow this thread to return to use support, please.

My genuine curiosity (as a means to an end) centered on the theoretical ease with which both platforms might share code based on lay knowledge of modern cross platform devolpment. These questions have been sufficiently answered for the time being.

You know being a Mac user in the CAD space requires a certain degree of acceptance. We take what we can get or move on. I for one am thrilled a Mac version of Rhino came to fruition, greatly appreciate those efforts, but I keep Windows around too because, well, one has to do what one has to do if one chooses this path. It’s not for everyone by any stretch.

3 Likes

You mentioned some other software. As I said before, “in terms of surface creation capacities, generated surface quality and performance, XNurbs is way ahead of the existing systems, which include the high-end surfacing software (Minicomputer in 1970s VS. today’s PC).” However,

Some users just don’t know how to use XNurbs and after installing XNurbs, they spend a couple of minters to get their design done with XNurbs and think they “master” how to use XNurbs. If one arms “remote tribes in the Amazon” with the most advanced missile, they probably use it as a stick.

We have been improving the manual and demos. Some users already master how to use XNurbs to extract curves and design/refine the optimized layout. Currently, for experienced designers, they generally need weeks, if not months, to master the use of XNurbs efficiently. We try to shorten the process.

@ec2638 Thank you.

@encephalon As I said, some trolls play around in this thread. They try to mislead users and even posted a message to ask “Forensic Investigations” on XNurbs. They obviously work for some CAD vendors.

yes you have written that several times Kevin. I thoroughly scrutinized all your topics, but i could not find any real evidence. Somebody signing up fresh just to burp out some funny messages does not justify it. happens all the time, just look at how many people doubted the product in the beginning rather some people who try to test you. You are obviously a bit paranoid about it which will cloud your perception and keep you off of providing sober feedback. I would really not worry about that at all. over and out.

XNurbs generate a smooth surfaces with patterns option.

Is it possible to add this futures to XNurbs plugin?

After create the surface you can Generate pattern with select an option then select that surface exp: “Hexagon” in command line you can select variables & properties of this type like (Number Sides,TypeOfHexagon[Curve,Solid,Surface]… ).

A Rhino reseller sent us a model and we figure out the problem.

The tangent and normal direction we get from Rhino may NOT be perpendicular to each other and this is caused by the calculation deviation of Rhino SDK. This bug affects many surfaces XNurbs generates, otherwise XNurbs should generate better surfaces. (For some cases, the surface tangent and normal direction we get from Rhino have a difference of 10 degrees.).

You will receive the fix next week - with the fix, XNurbs will just work and it will generate better surfaces.

8 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the makers of XNurbs plugin ($295), SuperD plugin ($550), and Flamingo plugin ($419) do not understand economics. They are in direct competition with McNeel&Ass and they demand lots of money for the plugins which will become obsolete when Rhino 7 ships. XNurbs makes smooth blending of NURBS surfaces. SuperD can be described as mature SubD. Flamingo is mediocre renderer, but it makes good trees and shrubs. All Rhino users need the XNurbs and SuperD and they are willing to pay about $100 extra for the Rhino license if it includes XNurbs and SuperD. Few Rhino users need good trees and shrubs, but they would pay about $10 for them.

Imagine that XNurbs makers sell the license to McNeel&Ass for $40 per Rhino user. Imagine that SuperD makers sell the license to McNeel&Ass for $50 per Rhino user. Imagine that Roy Hirshkowitz sells Flamingo Plant Editor license to McNeel&Ass for $10 per Rhino user. Imagine that we, the Rhino users pay the same prices with no adjustment for inflation. It would be great deal for everyone! McNeel&Ass would benefit the most - Rhino sales would probably double in two years.

2 Likes

@XNurbs Looking forward to buy a discounted copy of XNurbs when Stripe payments becomes available.

// Rolf

@XNurbs is there a way to force XNurbs to make a symmetrical shape?

Edit: Additionally, it would be nice if we could influence the U and V of the surfaces. For example it could be done like patch in Rhino where you can specify a starting surface, or by using the direction of internal curves ( as an option)

1 Like

Rebranding proposal of the year?:grin:

2 Likes

XNurbs is a fantastic tool to combine with Rhino, useful, finally, to generate multiblends, unthinkable to do with Rhino patches. I only hope that this plug-in will not remain tied to Rhino 6, but that it will be developed and made available for future versions (Rhino 7 in the first place). They have already abandoned their development Tsplines and VSR shape modeling, and their absence feels…

Continue to improve and add features to this plug-in, indeed, if it were possible I would integrate it into Rhinoceros!

3 Likes

Hi @XNurbs,

How are things going with the CloudZoo licensing? I’d like to buy you a few licenses but we need the Cloud Zoo to manage them.

If that’s coming later, could I buy regular licenses and we can convert them later?

Thanks,

G

Could someone try to make a multiblend (possibly in G2) between these three surfaces?
Perhaps even XNurbs will have some difficulties, especially near the cusp surface.
(Rhino, with “BlendSrf” manages to generate a surface in continuity, but only between two surfaces, who knows if XNurbs will succeed!).
Test multiblend XNurbs.3dm (153.8 KB)