Dear Rhino users,
We have released a new update of the free Xirus WIP. After signing in on our website (https://mirrakoi.com/), you can download Xirus for Rhino 5 (Windows) from https://mirrakoi.com/xirus-for-rhino/.
If you are already a Xirus user, the updater should be automatically displayed when reopening Xirus. Follow the instructions.
Xirus is a new geometric modeling kernel that provides “augmented CAD”. It combines the advantages of subdivision, NURBS, and polygons and adds augmented access to the digital object. We offer a powerful technology that allows the user to create complex CAD models in a very intuitive way including direct and decoupled control of tangents, curvature, and higher order derivatives, watertight junctions with immediate smoothness control and much more.
The new update includes several additional commands:
- Extrude faces (in a smooth or sharp way) with the “Xirus Face Extrude” command: https://youtu.be/9UAHbZum0vI.
- Extract faces of your Xirus object with the “Xirus Face Explode” command: https://youtu.be/Y00Re8rkY1Q.
- Delete faces of your Xirus object with the “Xirus Face Remove" command: https://youtu.be/duFbL7r6fuo.
- Create an ellipse with the “Xirus Create Curve Ellipse” command: https://youtu.be/ByHvOkMUC_I .
- Create an ellipsoid with the “Xirus Create Primitive Ellipsoid” command: https://youtu.be/OQJXP4t5s_Y.
- Create (smooth and sharp) boxes with the “Xirus Create Primitive Box” command: https://youtu.be/yJOH5S7_TEE.
- Create (smooth and sharp) radial rectangles with the “Xirus Create Radial Rectangle” command: https://youtu.be/ZB3ybRRSHls.
- Create (smooth and sharp) radial rectangles with hole with the “Xirus Create Radial Rectangle with Hole” command: https://youtu.be/WhXzZ-W--RQ.
Also, new tutorials can be found on our Xirus learning channel:
- Y branch: https://youtu.be/CT5WJn83IWU
- Y branch with star-point: https://youtu.be/6RYU3jvDFBY
The complete list of commands (including videos explaining the commands) can be found on our website: https://mirrakoi.com/xirus-commands/. The video documentation is also available on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm5nw2yfD9Xz8jZOn_QWdpw. Follow us!
Xirus itself, the distribution mechanism, our website, and the corresponding user-support infrastructure are still in test-mode. We would appreciate your active feedback to improve the overall experience related to Xirus. For any comments, suggestions, and requests, please use our forum https://discourse.mirrakoi.com/ or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank every user for testing our technology.