Worksession vs. Insert Block with references

Which is a faster and more efficient way of managing files when linking sub-projects to a main project file; worksessions or inserted blocks with reference (not embedded)?

A quick difference of both would be great to know!

I don’t need to edit the attached files/blocks in the main project and only really need it for rendering through vray.

Thanks in Advance!

Hello - there is some info here:
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino5vstatus/large_project_organization

I’d say it depends… if your files have stuff in the right place in space relative to one another, then attaching via Worksession is likely to be a quicker workflow.

-Pascal

Just what I needed! Thanks for the help!

Is this reference still accurate/up to date for Rhino 7? Are there any recommendations on how to handle exceptionally large projects (I’m working on a 13 story hotel). Running block manager takes very long to load (5+ minutes), and changing linked blocks takes a while for one change to process before I can edit the next (also 5+ minutes).

Hello- I am not sure what the question is exactly but I think I would use (perhaps a good number ) worksessions in your project.

-Pascal

Do work sessions handle nested blocks better than your typical rhino file? Example, this hotel has 300+ panels for the enclosure. These panels are one of 15 variants, so each variant is repeated multiple times around the building. For archival purposes when we update the panels with changes, we create a new file. I’m loosing so much time to waiting for the block manager to load then waiting for the linked file to change. I’ll often need to updated multiple blocks at the same time. Setting up a work session would be great if it solves this problem.

Additionally, I’m happy to meet to show and talk about my project and file structure. I’m trying to find a way to work faster and feel like I’m missing something.