Working with photos....?

How accurate can one get when working with photos…? I have a photo of a camper top and I’m trying to figure out what the angle is where it meets the cab of the truck. Here is the photo any guesses…?

Thank You
Brian

Hi
There is a good tutorial for working with images in the Level 1 training guide, linked to the support page. In the tutorial, you will use plan and elevation images to model a Dragonfly.

In the future, please categorize your posts so it is more likely to be seen.

Thanks

This is a tough one because you are shooting at an angle. The closer to an orthogonal view you can shoot, the better off you will be. If you still have access to it, try shooting it with the longest lens you have, get the camera down to its level, and shoot with the camera level (not pointing up or down).

Short of that, you might try perspective correction in something like Photoshop, but I wouldn’t use the results as anything other than reference.

The best option is an inclinometer :wink:

I have no idea what category this question would fall under…?

If I had access to the camper top I could just measure the angle but it’s a 2 hour drive and I’m trying to figure out if it would fit…I thought I might be able to use rhino…Oh well.

Brian