Workflow for teamwork with Dropbox? "Revert Changes" causing lost updates

Thanks, @dan and @jeff_hammond wow, workaround or not, it seems like it might make sense to keep working copies out of dropbox anyway. It’s neat to be able to revert to all these snapshots, but probably not necessary.

I have a career in building enterprise software systems, so completely understand that my scenarios are on a very high level. I hope there is a workable solution in the future - in a combination of Rhino + Dropbox + Mac.

I totally didn’t think of AutoSave being the culprit, and you’re totally right, Jeff. Mac OS X is continually saving versions back to the file’s original location, and Dropbox is probably seeing those updates as new versions to be synced, so it uploads and pushes those auto-saved files out to everyone connected to that directory. I can see how that would become a mess very quickly.

It would be great if AutoSave could be disabled on a file or a directory, specifically for situations like these.

I’d probably rather see a solution for this happening on the Dropbox side as opposed to the rhino side.
like some sort of setting in Dropbox that will prevent a file from syncing while it’s being used (unless explicitly told to sync). then when the file is finally closed, the sync happens. or maybe this pref already exists?

that way, we still get the OS X versions/autosaving (which personally, I wouldn’t want to turn off just because I’m working with a Dropbox file… I’ve been saved too many times by autosave in the event of a crash to want to turn it off.)

ditto,and what Jeff said in the first paragraph.

I did see that “View Previous Versions” for Dropbox is also an option on Windows.