Woodcarving

Hi Sciensman. To begin with, I want to thank you for your kind words and interest in my work.

Next, I will answer point by point.

1. If the client has software like ArtCam, I export models in several formats - STL, 3dm (surfaces), DXF (vectors for limiting and processing). Inside Rhino (RhinoCam), in principle, I use the same thing.
  2. We almost never bend wood. More often we glue the blanks from the component parts. Partitioning helps to minimize waste. And gluing makes the workpiece more stable.

Have no secrets in creating carved elements. Only use basic Rhino tools, occasionally xNURBS. Just there is a set of tools and work algorithms that I am used to that speed up the process. I assume that this is what you call “secrets”))) To begin with, I would advise you to pay attention to surface modeling. Vectors allow you to quickly create precise and controlled shapes, and the subsequent processing of wood “forgives” minor mistakes and imperfections that are inevitable at the beginning. I am also ready to answer any questions in any way convenient for you. If there is a need for personal communication, you can send contact information to the PM.

Best regards,
Andrew.

2 Likes