Wish: use @ + commands showing the responsible developer

like calling people it would be really helpful to link commands to the developer(s) so they could be called instead of repeatedly bothering a tiny handful of the same vastly overloaded people. that would also accelerate communication quite a bit. any thoughts? no idea if linking multiple @ to one entity can function on discourse so i am just throwing it into the ring.

Hello,

I suspect that is what happens behind the scenes when a Youtrack item is created by the usual suspects on here, some of whom no doubt have that task on their job description… I’m not sure that every McNeel dev would like a _Blame command added to Rhino so we know who to @ mention on here :slight_smile: What do you think @pascal ?

…if the “subsystem” (command name) is entered when creating the item, the system automatically assigns it to the responsible developer.

1 Like

The forum’s strength over direct communication is to have many people discussing topics. You don’t need to at mention any specific dev. We get notified by our coworkers.

2 Likes

that unfortunately does not work well for the mac side of Rhino. there are simply said too few active users on discourse in these regards making this strength unfortunately pop like an air filled balloon in the literal vacuum of outer space. it got a very tiny little bit better in the last years but still not that many.

also annoying the same people with all the bugs and quirks, basically @dan you and @pascal and sometimes @wim for the most when i have no idea whom to address. i load up @nathanletwory when i have questions regarding rendering or rendering engine but often bugreports just stand there empty without response at all, because i had no idea whom to address and the topic just got lost in oblivion.

i know that you are working on implementation of metal for instance and you are a good help in a lot of general questions either but just now i opened a new topic regarding multithreading, which i have seen you answer in one of the other topics but i dont want to keep bothering the same people so i did not mention you, while bothering the right person directly would avoid you guys being flooded with minor communicative tasks you should not be too concerned with.

idk, i think it would help.

1 Like