Wish list miscellaneous

• Cut and split solid (closed polysurface) with trim and split and remain polysupercie closed.
  • Union or Boolean intersection should eliminate the common edges of intersected solids.
  • Network of curves between two closed and open curves (currently requires at least 3 open curves).
  • Network of curves in more than two directions.
  • Edit the thickness of Shell
  • Shell with variable thicknesses
Cut and split solid (closed polysurface) with trim and split and remain polysupercie closed.

have you tried wirecut? it does what you are asking for already-

Union or Boolean intersection should eliminate the common edges of intersected solids.

can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to coplanar surfaces? if so, try mergeallfaces that will rebuild polysurface coplanar surfaces into one clean surface.

Network of curves between two closed and open curves (currently requires at least 3 open curves).

can you post an example? I believe that the sweep 2 would do this already-

Network of curves in more than two directions.

have you tried the patch command?

Edit the thickness of Shell

rhino is not parametric and likely never will be (unless you do your shell with a grasshopper definition) …undo and re-shell is your only option for the foreseeable future.

Shell with variable thicknesses

that is a great suggestion-

I would add: Multiblend (very useful command, most useful of the patch).

• Chamfer at an angle other than 45 degrees.
  • Fillet type setback. Many CAD now have this characteristic.

Thanks for your answer.
I use the wire cutting tool, but the suggestion is to improve the trim and Split commands.
Yes, I mean coplanar faces, and it’s a good alternative to merge all faces, but the suggestion is to improve the Boolean commands.
Sweep by two rails does not work well for this case (see image), networksrf does not work well if the closed curves are divided, but it works if I add two more open curves.

The patch command does not work well with zero radius corners, does not fit precisely to the selected curves and then can not be joined to other surfaces to form a closed polysurface …
Rhino v6 has a thick option, but works as surface offset, the shell command could be considered in the history.