WISH: Join option to inherit older object properties

Not what I meant. Anyways. Happy waiting for this command.

This is R5 file. If you open with R6, dims will be fubared.
Join paradise.3dm (19.8 MB)

The part drawings revisions are custom nearly everytime they are needed. Meaning you’re manually offset, draw lines/polylines, trim and join linework. There’s no way you can script anything like that. I’ve already scripted the monkey work as much as time allowed me.

Why don’t you just join everything you want, then select all new objects that were the result of the “Join” command and then run the “MatchProperties” command? Then, you only need to click over the one object whose properties you want to apply to all of the pre-selected objects.

If he first joins them and the new joined object is already stripped from its properties there will be nothing to match with.

But even if you have an object to match, @Asterisk doesn’t like additional clicking, nor a little typing to reduce the clicking :wink:

1 Like

When I have to work on such kind of things, nothing beats the simplicity and ease of use of the “MatchProperties” command.:pizza: :slight_smile:
PS: I always leave at least one object to match its properties from.

That’s what I’m asking to cut out of my workflow in 100% of instances. Imagine Polyline command never existed and you used Line command to draw your Polyline work and then Joined it. Every effin’ time.