Wish "Hide in View" command

I really like hide in detail command,
I wish for a hide in view command where I can hide objects only in one view and not in other views.
Doable or too many problems? It would be really productive if possible.
RM

1 Like

Maybe you can create an own display mode (where all objects are hidden) and use the command _SetObjectDisplayMode.

Yea I wish but I have arrived at a point where I need hide in view. I too thought maybe I could use a display mode but they only go so far and in my case are not usable for what I need which is hide in view.
RM

Micha, All,
I looked into it deeper and your suggestion does work. I tried an object display at first too but because I’m using picture frames it didn’t work thus my wish. If I redo my picture frames as regular textured planes then the display works. Meaning I have to draw a plane the size of the picture frame, copy the picture frame material to a new material and assign it to the plane. I forgot is there an easy way to change picture frames into regular textured planes without all the steps above? Like an explode command or something?

For V6 I wish that in properties Rhino would report picture frame and not open plane when a picture frame is selected and that I be allowed to change the picture frame into a regular textured plane using a drop down menu choice and command at the command line. I could go back and forth easily by either choosing picture Frame or textured plane in a drop down menu within properties.

And in addition to, allow the user to show the picture frame in particular views with a check box interface similar to the clipping plane’s interface.
And/or let displays modes have an option to show picture frames or not.

Also I still would find “hide in View” extremely useful for many things and I hope the developers will put it on the wishlist for V6

Thanks,
RM