Wish Gumball rotate

Yes things are happening in real time but isn’t that the case with mostly everything you do with the gumball except maybe numerical inputs?

Hi @martinsiegrist

Would you mind showing up that manipulation using the Gumball ?

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

In the video below I’m first keeping the mouse close to the center of rotation. It is difficult to rotate just by a small increment because of the resolution of the mouse. When moving the mouse further away from the center of rotation, it becomes easier to rotate just a tiny bit.

In addition to moving the mouse pointer, you can zoom in and out at the same time as you’re rotating, using the mouse wheel or a SpaceNavigator. It becomes much easier to rotate just small amounts.

Ok, thank you for the time spent and the shared contents, instructive…

I feel like ‘Gumballed’ here because I cannot figure out how to reproduce what is shown on your video ?

Using Rhino 7 for Mac
Version 7 (7.5.21096.11002, 2021-04-06)

I admit this this is an acceptable partial answer regarding the wish expressed by @PodoTools .

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

The first video shows an attempt to rotate the line by a tiny bit. With the mouse close to the center of rotation, it is difficult.

The second video shows how the rotation snaps and I create a first copy by tapping ALT. Then I rotate again, zoom far in and create a second copy of the line.

I think I miss something in what you explain ( dynamically set the rotation pivot OFF the Arc Handle ) during the operation.
Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 10.05.53

Anyway, if other users are able to reproduce it, the suggested manipulation can be validate as a work around then.

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

I’m not moving the pivot, just the mouse / cursor further away from the center of rotation

Yes, it would be a “anomaly” in the behaviour of gumball.

Thank you for the clarification.

In that spirit, I find this work around less ‘elegant’ and agree with @PodoTools , almost confusing regarding the behaviour of the Gumball.

Regards
Rodolfo Santos.

The rotation arcs are also not comfortable enough to control precisely with a Wacom pen, improving the Gumball in this regard will be very welcome.

the drag strength slider on the Mac UI is very large and there is simply no place to park it without obscuring other UI elements…

A little slider that cold fit into one of the mostly empty UI horizontal bars will be very nice, and usable.

thanks a lot
Akash

To the contrary i find this behavior to be totally intuitive.
I found out about it just by trying to perform tricky gumball rotations.
If you think about it, it perfectly represents the influence of the “magnetic” snap radius in different scales of the drawing.
Please don’t change that.

1 Like

My point was not about the behaviour but about the method used to manage that behaviour.

What is suggested in this topic is offer the possibility to expand the Arc Handle in the spirit of what is allowed with the Scale Handle.

If it is allowed with one type of handle, why not with the others ?

This does not put into question what you rightly say.

Regards
Rodolfo Santos

1 Like

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

removed

Edit: Sorry I re-read your initial post and I think I again misunderstood your request. Now everything is clear. I removed my answer.