Wish: Full speed download of update toggle

Hi guys, I just opened V7 to get the latest version and it reminded me that I have wished for a full speed download option:

It would be nice with a toggle to deactivate the background speed restriction for the current download for just the current instance.

Would that be possible?

I mean, I really like that you use a background, slow download that doesn’t take all resources, but sometimes time is of essense and getting the latest and greatest as fast as possible would be nice.

Cheers

If you punch the “Check now” link and manually download from that page, it should be ‘full-speed’…

I know, but that wouldn’t be much of a wish for improvement, would it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does Rhino limit the download speed or use an approach that cannot utilize all your bandwith?

Based on my experience not if you download the update using “Check now”.

1 Like

Hei Jørgen -
Looks like you are recycling your questions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We use what’s available off the shelf and don’t think it would be wise to spend resources trying to come up with something new when the “solution” is for the user to just click that link.

But, yes, I also find myself waiting for it to download by itself instead of doing it manually and getting frustrated by the speed… Perhaps that makes you feel better… :see_no_evil:
-wim

1 Like

Yup, I don’t change, so I need Rhino to do the changes for me :wink:

It makes me feel better that you share my luxury pain though :smile:

This is mainly an issue when I am asked to check something in the newest wip and I try to sqeeze the most out of the time I dedicate to bugtrack or test something during workhours.

Since we are at it…
If I quickly check for update after Rhino is opened it shows that it is up-to-date even though it isn’t:

Maybe it should check before stating that? As you can see it think it just checked.
And when I close it and reopen the check for update it show that it is downloading.

Just so you know :slight_smile:

Previously discussed in Update check not right working
@brian explanation of the current behavior is at Update check not right working - #11 by davidcockey

1 Like