Wish: Finding template directory button

Hi Rhino-team,

often users lose their template directory, and then they don’t find the template directory anymore (because, directories in Windows are hidden, hard to find, etc.). On my windows 7 PC this is the hidden template path:

C:\Users\Michael Meyer\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Localization\de-DE\Template Files

My wish is to have a path reset button in the _new template file dialog window to reset to this path.

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

Hi Michael- would this only set the path, or would it also unpack a new set of default templates as well?

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

a button would be nice, which just resets the path to the default path.

Thanks

Michael

Got it, thanks.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-29668

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

thanks. I would prefer this button directly in the new window, not in options.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael - Ah, OK - do you mean on the splash screen’s New page?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I would like to have a button in the new window (perhaps in the splash window too)

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael - just to be sure I follow - I still see more than one possible outcome -

• do you want this to take the current New folder to the default location only?

• do you want to reset the template directory to the default location and go there?
    In this case, it makes more sense (to me) to just have restore defaults in Options, just as we already do for several of the options. it would be a more deliberate action to reset and less apt to be done by accident, I would guess.

thanks, sorry if I am being even denser than usual.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

yes, the second option is perhaps better, to reset to default in options.

Thanks

Michael