WISH - copy text count

Hi!

I would love to see the ability to create a TEXT object or maybe it would be a “number object”
Let’s go with that.

1. run command: numbercountobject

2. prompt : enter start number (user enters “2”)

3. rhino creates a text object that just says “2”

4. user makes copy of number and rhino automatically counts to the next number … so the copy would actually be “3” and then if they copied it again, “4” and SO FORTH.

YES I WANT TO BE ABLE TO NUMBER MY PARTS AND NOT HAVE TO MANUALLY DO THE TEXT COUNT, thanks

Let me know if something like this exists please!!

Hello - see how this works- I think the text settings broke at some point with a change in Rhino, but it might be OK for now.
Numberer.rhp (24 KB)

Unblock it from Windows, then drag and drop onto Rhino. The command is Numberer

-Pascal

1 Like

OK Awesome, thanks @pascal - Open to this - in fact great solution. If I wanted to explode these could I somehow? for example, If I wanted to make these single line text and scribe on my part? this would be the full solution.

@pascal

I’m wondering if you could do this with text blockinstancename. So instead of a leader, you could simply click on your block and it will populate your blockname in a text object for you? Kind of a stretch, I know

Hello - so you want a labeler for block instances?

Like this?
InstanceLabeler.py (1.0 KB)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSS!!! I’m clapping and applauding over here

THANK YOU.

@pascal ! is there anyway to get this to work on a leader ?

and or to work in a detail window view on a layout sheet?

Hello - I’ll need details about what ‘works’ means in these cases…

-Pascal

Pascal, is there a way to get this script to “update” if the block name changes ?

@pascal this script has been amazing for years now. thank you <3

Anyway you can make one that will generate text label for the LAYER that that object or block is ON? I would need it to work for both objects and blocks. This would be incredible.

@phcreates - thought you might have some ideas here?

Maybe this works for the layer labeler? I never use blocks, so I don’t know if it works for blocks but all I did was modify one line of Pascal’s script.

LayerLabeler.py (1.0 KB)

In terms of getting the text to update if the block name changes, I don’t see how that would be possible.