WISH: CHAINEDGE options for LOFT also

I’m asking if would be possible to add the Chainedge option at the loft also.
Doesn’t make sense having it for all the other but the Loft.
One of the issue when learning Rhino is explaining why you have to select “pair” of curve doing the loft.

PLEASE!!! in the next SR! :pray: :pray: :pray:

-R-

Hello - I’ve added this as a wish
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-48630

However, even if it is possible to do this, I would not expect it to work very well unless ‘Refit’ or ‘Rebuild’ is used in the Loft options.

-Pascal

if it works with joined crv why should not works with chained edges?
I don’t have the knowledge to understand this.

Hello - yes, it will work as well as joining the curves, but that is not the best way to use Loft in general, so it seems like an ‘iffy’ idea to encourage that by allowing chaining, is my point. Loft likes curves that match each other and the likelihood of getting that from joined curves, especially edges, and more especially trimmed edges, is just not that great. Loft is a command that is at its best with carefully made curves, unlike say NetworkSrf which does not care about the input curves’ structure at all, just the 3d shape.

-Pascal

1 Like

Loft works fine with input curves which are polycurves with C0 continuity and using the “Do not simplify” option. For the Normal style the result is a polysurface or, if CreaseSplitting is disabled, a surface with one or more creases. Refit with …. also results in a polysurface. Rebuild with …. results in a single surface without creases, similar to what NetworkSrf does.

I want to revamp this thread. It’s 3 long years since no one answerd.
From Youtrack looks like no one is working on it.
I’m really the only frustrated by this missing options?
Is really no one using loft?

LOFT should work exactly like BLENDSRF with position continuity being able to select multiple edges and also being able to move starting and ending point.

PLS!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

+1

Regards
R.Santos