Wish: C&P camera widgets between files

just an idea for quickly exchanging views between files.
when one has very big files saving the whole document in order to import a view into an other scene is a bit slow.

Would be cool if these could be pasted!

thnx,
Daniel

Wish: Copy camera (object) from one Rhino task to an other
(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Daniel- seems reasonable to me- added to the heap — I have no idea what is possible or practical here from a programming point of view.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-27216

(these are not visible to the public yet)

-Pascal

thank you!

(Dale Fugier) #4

I should add that you can already import named views (from other 3DM files)…

(Willem Derks) #5

Hi Dale

Daniel noted that the functionality would speed up that process as it would not be necessary to save large files.

-Willem

yep, that is what i meant. when saving +300mb documents it can take some minutes, depending on the complexity of the file, network traffic etc.

an alternative would be to save out a .3dm from the named view panel that only contains the saved views. that is also very handy for collaboration. sending the cameras to a remote co-worker, without the need to delete,purge etc all the document content before e-mailing it.just a bit quicker than reimporting into a new document, especially if the latest cameras have not been saved yet

c&p the widget would mean one can export these as well i guess, so either way would be a nice feature imho.