WISH (BUG): Hide control points when locking layer!

Hi,

On Rhino 6 for macOS, there’s a weird behaviour, where the curve control point display stays on, when the layer of a selected curve or collection of curves gets locked!

To be honest, this seems super counter-intuitive to me!
When a curve is selected the control points show, which is great, and when it’s deselected they disappear, neato.
How come it is even remotely logical then that they stay stay on, if the object layer gets locked? They show but you can’t even do anything with them! :thinking:

I’ve hoped for a while now that this would get noticed and fixed, but I’m losing hope here.
And no, I don’t want to turn their display off entirely!

Could it be that points are used to display the control points, and thus they don’t disappear, because points naturally need to stay visible, when on a locked but visible layer?

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 08.07.32 copy

I must say visually the resemblance is at least stunning! :yum:

Any ideas?

1 Like

Cool, who are you? :slight_smile: Reminds me about the dialog between GWB and Condie about Mr Who (Hu), “the new leader of China” :

// Rolf

1 Like

Bug in V6 and V7, Windows and Mac.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-58816

1 Like

Wow, I’m astonished that this went unnoticed for so long. :thinking:

Since it’s purely cosmetic and doesn’t effect work, I’m not surprised at all. It’s good to fix it but it won’t fix a problem that is a barrier to productivity. Bigger fish to fry I guess. Either way, it will be fixed.

1 Like

I agree, although when dealing with lots of selected curves, it can be quite a nuisance at times, in a can’t see the forest for the the trees kind of way.
Thanks.

1 Like

RH-58816 is fixed in the latest WIP

1 Like