WISH: Admin password and locakable settings

I assume this may not happen any time soon, but I see it as a useful thing.

In a corporate setup, in order for the admin to be sure everything is displayed properly for each and every user. He/She must create the proper setup, size of the mesh, accuracy, units, named views, templates etc.

Currently, there’s no way for the admin to be sure this will stay as it is after the initial setup.

For each group of settings there may be a locking mechanism, that requires admin password to modify.

http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/6/help/en-us/index.htm#information/admin-enforced_settings.htm

this may help

1 Like

Thanks @stevebaer,

What I understand is, through this method you can set defaults, but you cannot prevent the user from changing these defaults. Am I correct?

Then a script must be launched every time Rhino closes to delete this file from %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\settings\

I believe whatever is in the %ProgramData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\settings\ folder always wins and can not be overridden by what is in %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\settings\. You should not have to delete the files in %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\settings\

1 Like