Wish: add "flip/mirror" to the material texture dialog

Unless there is a way currently to do it that I can’t find, it would be helpful to have a way to “flip” the texture from the mapping dialog, without the need to go back to editing the image or flipping the object mapping coords.

It is a standard in most 3D packages these days

thanks,

–jarek

2 Likes

Yep, got that, thanks.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-48867

-Pascal

2 Likes

Jarek

It is possible, but it’s difficult to find…

You assign a “Texture Adjustment Texture” to the texture slot first, then add your texture later. That gives you two additional options - “Flip Vertical” and “Flip Horizontal”.

• Andy
1 Like

Hi Andy,

Quite well hidden, but good to see it is possible currently in Rhino!

I think It would make a lot of sense to add this to the base texture parameters, to reduce complexity of setting this up or modifying existing textures and number of clicks, or more importantly, discoverability.

Is there a reason not to have it in basic texture dialog, other than bad UI design ? :wink:

thanks,

–jarek

hi

i am not sure if you meant something like in the attached picture but it would be good to have an option like that. when texture mapping a box shaped wooden or marble furniture the box texture mapping gives us the first attached result.

boxmapping

my proposal is like the following as you can see texture line starts where the otther one ends.
proposal

That’s another (fancier) option to mirror alternate… Sure, would be good to have it as well.

I was hoping the less complexity to mirror the texture can be added to the pile… yet the YT item is closed now.
If @Pascal didn’t know this exists it probably does not look well for discoverability (and convenience of use).

Please consider adding options for mirror as a standard into the texture panel, with no need for special Adjustment Texture.

thanks,

–jarek

1 Like

I made a tiny bit of noise…

-Pascal

1 Like