WIP6 unknown command CurveNearSurface=On and ChainEdges in MatchSrf

Hi Frits - yeah, I guess that is a “limitation” - There is no chain option at the command line if CurveNearSurface=On, is that what you mean?

-Pascal

First off all; Sorry for my bad englisch.
The file used is downloaded from https://vimeo.com/channels/rhino3den

I send you a full command history and hope You understand what I mean.
Loading Rhino Render, version 1.50, Jul 18 2017, 12:42:52
Command: _Open
Name of the file to open ( UpdatePromptUpdateBlocks=Yes Browse ): "C:\Users\Frits\Desktop\Surface Continuity Webinar (2017.06).3dm"
Successfully read file "C:\Users\Frits\Desktop\Surface Continuity Webinar (2017.06).3dm"
Command: MatchSrf
Select untrimmed surface edge to change ( MultipleMatches ):
Select curve or edge to match. ( ChainEdges CurveNearSurface=Off ):
Select curve or edge to match. ( ChainEdges CurveNearSurface=Off ): CurveNearSurface=On
Unknown command: CurveNearSurface=On
Select curve or edge to match. ( ChainEdges CurveNearSurface=Off ): ChainEdges
Unknown command: ChainEdges
Command: _CommandHistory

Hi Frits - I see - thanks - this works as expected here… Please try restarting Rhino and see if that clears any cobwebs - it looks, from your command history, like it ought to work fine.

-Pascal

Hoi Pascal,

Restarted windows, started Rhino, did the same proceedings.
This is the result

Successfully read file "C:\Users\Frits\Desktop\Surface Continuity Webinar (2017.06).3dm"
Select curve or edge to match. ( ChainEdges CurveNearSurface=Off ): CurveNearSurface=On

I use Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.1480
Intel I7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
RAM 16,0 GB (15,9 GB availlable)
64-bits, x64 processor

Update:
New version WIP
Work In Progress
(6.0.17199.12041, 18-7-2017) Beta

Hi Frits - OK, thanks for testing - does any other command behave this way? Also, can you send the one underlined letter to the command line to invoke the option?

-Pascal

At this moment, It is the only command with this problem.

Trying to use the underlined methode, I accidentally had selected just 1 edge and then it works well.
So I tried the way I used before but now with one edge selected, then it works fine also.
My conclusion. It was my fault because I selected 2 edges and then I wanted to change the CurveNearSurface option.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Hi Frits- this seems like a bug to me - but so far I am too stupid to make it happen - when you say two edges, do you mean you used the ‘MultipleMatches’ option to select more than one edge of the surface to edit? I can do that here and the option still works in that it toggles the command option when typed (though I am not sure it makes much sense, actually, I need to test a bit more)

-Pascal

Hoi Pascal, step by step with each keystroke added. Hope this helps you

==== Start Rhino, and at opening screen, select the named file
Successfully read file “C:\Users\Frits\Desktop\Surface Continuity Webinar (2017.06).3dm”
==== the layer is not visible so I click in layerpanel “matching basics” visible button
==== I select one edge of the blue rectangle
==== I select one edge of the grey rectangle
==== I click in the commandline "CurveNearSurface"to change the option
==== I click in the commandline “ChainEdges” to see if that option is working
==== I click F2

Hi Frits - Ah, OK - so, you are clicking the command line option while the MatchSrf dialog is in screen, right? So the bug looks to me like it is the command line being active with irrelevant options at this point - these options mean nothing once selection is done. I’ll see if we can fix that - thanks for the ‘blow by blow’.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-40688

-Pascal

Happy to help.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

RH-40688 should be fixed in the latest WIP. Please give it a try.

Today I tryed the matchsrf command with Work In Progress (6.0.17227.14151, 15-8-2017)

The same problem occured. There is still the "unknown command after clicking.

Hi Frits - Ah, OK - so, you are clicking the command line option while the MatchSrf dialog is in screen, right? So the bug looks to me like it is the command line being active with irrelevant options at this point - these options mean nothing once selection is done. I’ll see if we can fix that - thanks for the ‘blow by blow’.

end quote

In a few days (after I installed a new version) I will try it again and send my experience

with regards,

Frits

Hi Frits-

Today I tryed the matchsrf command with Work In Progress (6.0.17227.14151, 15-8-2017)

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more explicit. I was talking about today’s Work In Progress (6.0.17234.09201, 22-8-2017).

-Dan

Today I received a new version.

Perfect!!!

Thanks

Hello,

I found a type mistake in WIP6 but do not know where to post it.
I made a screenshot of it. Hope this helps you (sorry for my bad English)

What is the typo? I don’t see one in your image. The “Invalid curve selected” message pertains to the curve you picked to use in WireCut, looks like it may be a bad object…

–Mitch

Except that “Invalid” is spelled “Inavlid” in that screen shot…

Hey @wim , that is an inlavid comment. Must be lisdexic or something… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-42266

thanks,

-Pascal

RH-42266 is fixed in the latest Service Release