WIP viewport Rendered mode doesn't look right

This is what my viewport looks like when set to Rendered mode.

Hi Bill - do the normals point outward on this, or are we looking at backfaces?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
Yes, the normals are pointing outwards. Here is what the same file looks like in Rhino 5:

Hi Bill - can you post or send me the file via private message?

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
I’ll send you the file. In the meantime I started a new file and created some primitives and set the viewport mode to Rendered. Here is what it looks like:

Hi Bill - make sure your Rendered mode is at defaults (Options > View > DisplayModes > Rendered… any blue in there means you’re not at defaults) - any change?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
I checked and I’m using the default settings.

I tried something else that affected a change, under Rhino Options>OpenGL I toggled the Use accelerated hardware modes on and off, this is the result:

Hi Pascal,
Seems to be working now. That was weird.
Bill

I feel better already. Thanks for the update!

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
I downloaded and installed the updated WIP. Now I’m having the viewport Rendered mode issue again. Toggling the Use accelerated hardware box didn’t fix it this time. If I turn off Use accelerated hardware it looks fine, but the display performance takes a hit.

Just a note; RhinoCycles also isn’t working with my GTX 460. Both RhinoCycles and Rendered viewport mode work fine on my GTX 660 at home.
Bill

Hi Bill - what changed, if anything, when it worked - reboot, or?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
To get it to work before installing the update all I did was toggle the Use accelerated hardware modes. I didn’t have to reboot and if I remember correctly all I did was uncheck Use accelerated hardware modes in Rhino Options then click OK. Everything looked OK so I opened Rhino Options again and checked Use accelerated hardware modes then hit OK and the display still looked OK. After installing the latest build it looks OK if I uncheck Use accelerated hardware modes, but if I go back and check it on, it looks bad again.
Bill

This problem still exist in the current version of the WIP with my Geoforce GTX 460.