Wingtip Flow Issues

Hello,

i can’t get any reasonable surface out of this set of curves and borders, i don’t know what i’m doing wrong…i’ve tried multiple methods with no good outcome. I’m following a tutorial to do this and still i can’t get a nice flow in the zebra analysis. Need help please.

Here’s the file:
Supermarine Spitfire XIVc - XIVe.3dm (957.0 KB)

there are multiple threads on the exact same topic.
here one which might be pretty close to your problem.

1 Like

Thanks @geemix i think i got it, now i’ll try by myself and see how it goes.

Hello - try ExtendSrf of the existing wig surface out a little past the u-shaped curve, then trim it with a similar curve plus the green ones - then make your sweep.

-Pascal

Alright, i think i got a far better result than before :grin:. I realized that the middle part was a little bit to “deep” into the major curve of the air foil, so i moved it a little bit back, almost to the “Quad” of the curve.

I think that by doing this the program got more room to make a fluent curvature without creating the kink where the middle part and the sweep would touch, however i still got some…

It is better than before but still… :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

Supermarine Spitfire XIVc - XIVe.3dm (1.2 MB)

Hi, why don’t you just do the full tour?

Ala.3dm (548.4 KB)

1 Like

In what way this would help me? I mean what’s the difference in doing full tour of the edge instead of making just the tip? That small crease in my model is still there and i don’t know how to remove it! Take a look at the file that i’ve attached a few posts up.

This post to be precise