Windows out of memory ERROR, Rhino and vray shut down

I recently experienced an issue while rendering small/medium scene (3M triangular polygons and 170 mo files) at 5000x3000 in HIGH-quality vray settings.

A windows error message appeared saying that windows is low on memory and forced me to quit Rhino and the render.

The desktop machine is set like this :

Windows 10 x64 bit
double CPU Intel Xeon e5-2620 v4 2.1GHz
motherboard Asus z10pe d16ws
Nvidia GTX 1080Tie
32GB 2100Mhz RAM
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb

Using Rhino 5 SR14 64-bit (5.14.522.8390, 5/22/2017) and latest Vray 3 for Rhino

What could be responsible for this crashing?
What would be the solutions to solve this issue?

Many thanks

Hi Clement,

I cannot help you with your problem, but I can confirm that you are not alone. I experienced the same issue now three different attempts to do batch renderings have failed in the same way. I have a similar build as you, intel i7-7700k, nvidia gtx1080 8gb, 32 GB 2400 mhz RAM, 960 EVO nvme 500g ssd.

I sent an email to Chaos Group and hopefully they get back to me as well. You can bet i’ll post any answer here too.

Cheers,

Any chance you’ve had rhino autosave running in the background? This might be naive of me, but it will definitely interrupt VRay and probably cause some system problems. I have a render running right now and I’m thinking that turning autosave off while batch rendering MAY help… hmm…

Hi Ryanscav

I do have autosave enabled but never had some issues during rendering with that before. By security, I will change that in the future, many thanks.