Window height-horizontal louvres

HI,

I want that my horizontal louvres adjust to the hight of the window independently of the number of louvres I have

and if it is possible the sum od the width od each louvres has to be tha same than the height of the window so when I close the louvres no light will come into the room
please see image

thanks in advance
Assignment Thermal Comfort Module Shading.3dm (162.3 KB)
Assignment Thermal comfort Module Shading.gh (204.6 KB)

missing

Your Rhino file appears to be empty?

Your louvers have no thickness? Must they overlap to prevent light from coming in? Or if they are “thick”, beveled edges could overlap when they are closed (flat).

thanks for you reply, apologise it sounds very odd becuae it works well for me. I dont know but you could make a simple example and tell me which component you used

Assignment Thermal Comfort Module Shading.3dm (171.0 KB)
Assignment Thermal comfort Module Shading.gh (202.4 KB)

check your units. big object-meters

missing

Irrelevant to GH. I didn’t add thickness and beveled edges, do you want that?

louvers_2022Oct6a.gh (206.8 KB)

hi thanks a lot i just did it in my way and I solved it but your solution is more efficient and shorter

thanks a lot again.

i will keep your file

1 Like

i got a data error about conversiton number to line

My code worked, you broke it. I can’t tell how from a screen shot.

Assignment Thermal Comfort Module Shading.3dm (152.1 KB)
Assignment Thermal comfort Module Shading.gh (269.4 KB)

You have two errors:

1. You connected ‘X’ instead of ‘Z’ to Sort ‘K’ input.

2. You connected Sort ‘K’ output instead of ‘A’ output to List Item.

All you had to do was copy/paste or, if you must re-wire, understand what the code is doing.

thanks . i did not realise at all about the second point . too many hours in the university.

Can this also work for vertical louvres? just let me know yes or no and i will try it ahha

getting there, it works for vertical too

i got it, all done, thanks , very easy to do it in your way,
what does isotrim and shift path do?

Yes, of course, if you understand what the code is doing.
Here’s another wrinkle, separate angle controls for East, West, North and South:

louvers_2022Oct6b.gh (160.5 KB)

You ignored my questions so I’ll ignore yours. Good luck and have fun.

My unanswered questions from yesterday were about thickness, overlap and beveled edges. The cyan group (below) adds those features to the louvers.

louvers_2022Oct7a.gh (171.8 KB)

ok, i did not take into account that fact about the tickness of the louvres . i am a begginner and I think that for now this escapes from the scope of the assignment from the subject I do this (i need to calculate EUI from climateStudio) but i will take into account. interesting . thanks