Wie kann ich diese Teil erstellen? [How can I achieve this form?]

I think the problem is the command _surve / local which does not work properly.
I can not just change a design because a command does not work. Then I would not have a problem.
In the original, however, the aluminum stamped part is bent in the material to the right of the cutout. Of course, I can construct the part in a different way, but that’s way too awkward, and it often produces strange results when rendered.
Meanwhile, I have found a way to construct the part exactly.

My personal opinion it’s a problem with the design.
I’d love to see the machine that bends that material like you show in the first image. The stresses will be so big it will crack.

To bend such an aluminum part you do not need much power. That can be any small eccentric press. On the net you can see many pictures of such machines. You probably do not have much knowledge in metalworking?
But, the first picture is only for demonstration and not a real construction.

That is the key, here.
Not this:

I’m not a blacksmith for sure. But I’ve studied a bit.
If the proportion of the thickness and the bending radius is like that in the picture. It is very questionable whether it will withstand.

Just to be clear this is the picture I talk about.

Most produced articles are made of 3 mm aluminum sheet. That can be bent into almost any shape, that’s no problem.
The discussion is going in the wrong direction!
I just wanted to know why the edges of the _flow (local) command are bent or if there is an alternative command. By the way, it does not matter how far the bending radius is shifted, the object edges are always bent. So I can not use this command unfortunately.

Why do you use flow?

Maybe best if you could produce a proper 2d section drawing with dimensions so we can see what you want to achieve. Flow is propably not the correct way to design this. Depending on the tooling 3mm alu, especially the softer ones (Al99,5 H111) can be bend into a nearly sharp edge, while technically correct would be 0,5 t = r=1.5mm. If you design for production (cnc files) it might be ok for 3mm to design the sheet metal part based on the neutral fiber. So you basically start by designing a surface (the neutral fiber) which then gets thickened to both sides, so you get a solid with the proper bending radii. This is technically of course not the correct way, as the bending shortening is not 100% correct, but rolling direction of the sheet metal ofter has a larger effect on tolerances than this.

1 Like

I construct articles not for the production but for the documentation, fairs, online catalog, rollups etc. At the beginning I photographed, but some of the articles are not easy to photograph. And because CAD is my passion, I construct and raytrace. However, I am bound by the look of the original parts and can not discuss the manufacture of the articles.
Next up is a photo of an article (aluminum with plastic border) where the tongues are sharp-edged. But it would be correct to have a large radius, similar to the other illustrations. Ideal and fast would be the _flow command. Unfortunately, the surrounding material is also slightly bent, which is clearly visible on the edges. (Photo # 2 at the top)
I have now found a way to construct the part exactly, but not as fast as it would be possible with _flow.

Would be good if you could show a photo of the real part…

There is no photo. It is not about a particular part, but about the principle, because I have many similar parts.

A hand drawn sketch?

Something like this?

I see you’re not letting the problem go, but it can not be solved with _flow. Even if you reduce the local radius, the surfaces and edges are slightly bent and the bending curve is not continuous. If you want to connect this part to another part, there are problems.
As I have already written, the problem is solved differently.
That’s why I’ll close the post now.