Why can't I make changes to the default appearance color palette anymore?

I am currently running the latest version of Rhino 6 (Version 6 SR13 (6.13.19058.371, 2/27/2019)). Up until this latest release there was a color.txt file that could be edited so that you could change the default appearance colors… but now that file/directory is completely non-existent. So how do I edit the default appearance colors?

For the English version, the colors.txt should be in
%AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization\en-US\Support

If you don’t see the colors.txt, I’ve attached one that you can place it into the folder.

colors.txt (1.9 KB)

Hi Kelvin,
Thanks for getting back to me. I had to uninstall and reinstall Rhino a couple of days ago. After the reinstall, there is no “%AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization\en-US\Support” subfolder in either the %AppData%\Local\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization… or in the %AppData%\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization… in fact there is no ‘Localization’ folder in either directory… which is why I was contacting you, as what you are describing is what I have done in the past. So I was trying to figure out if you guys moved things somewhere else in the latest version. Any idea why I do not have those directories or files?

Derik

@derik.johnson,
The files are not moved. The reason is about the Rhino installer engine that installs the language package when the first time Rhino runs after an update.

Rhino installer installs language packages here.
%ProgramData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Packages

Please check if the localization (en-us).rhi exists. If it does, double-click on it, Rhino installer engine would install/unpack the language files to
%AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Localization\en-US\Support

If double-clicking the package file throws an error, or the files don’t appear in the Support folder, I’ll continue with the solution.

Thanks.