Which rhinoscriptsyntax functions do you need to have implemented next?

Hi all, and thank you very much for the feedback,

Noted, RH-41282

Noted, RH-41283

Some of the RhinoScript methods need to be ported, purely geometric ones. As you can see from the requests, everything considered RhinoScript/VBScript is a project that follows users’ requests and, as such, may have needs that are other than in Python. Also, if we are lucky some of these requests might make it in V6 SR0 (no promise): this way we can set priorities. Finally, there are already in Python at least a handful of functions that are not present in VBScript: you guessed it: users’ requests.

Here I think @dale can help more. Probably, this should be split into another topic.

It’s already available in Rhino WIP. At this point, there might be technical reasons why this could not be added to Rhino 5.

I’ll defer this request till @stevebaer can say something more.

This is likely something that would be better in a plug-in. As such maybe a Python plug-in?

I actually fought a long battle (several weeks) against deprecated code in RhinoScriptSyntax. I declared that this issue was fixed, and so did the tester. RH-34759
If you happen to find any obsolete code printout in the current Rhino WIP, please let me know.

The deprecation message is output by the IronPython runtime. If you find an obsolete warning, we can try the mechanisms explained here: 27.6. warnings — Warning control — IronPython 2.7.2b1 documentation (I didn’t do that yet).

Noted, RH-41287
@Helvetosaur I however do not understand how LastLoadedScriptFile() might help with AddStartupScript(). VBScript startup scripts are a list of files, so LastLoaded() will not be very helpful, no?

Noted, RH-41289. Thank you, Mitch @Helvetosaur for the example for V5.

This has been very helpful so far!