Which ptGridArray tool should I use

I am trying to wrap a texture of stars around a half sphere. I have smashed the sphere and unrolled the surface and I have a vector image of the star points. I want to modify the half sphere image so that it fits onto the unrolled surface, unless there is a better way to do it? I created a ptGridArray but I am not sure where to go from there. I have attached the files so that you can see the parts and pieces. Thanks in advance!
Stars in progress.3dm (1.2 MB)

@rajaa, can you please help with this?

Hi, Courtney.

I’ll post a 3DM with some instructions.

Stars in progress___.3dm (1.3 MB)

I am not sure, though, if it answers your question.

Hi Onetech! Thanks for your help - again! Obviously I am new at this and I have watched the whole Rhino 5 Tutorial Series with Dave Schultz on Lynda, but I have some ideas in my head that go beyond those-
So , I tried what you told me to, and I am obviously doing something wrong, because the stars flow over the whole half of the hemisphere rather than half of the hemisphere. I can’t figure out what I am doing wrong! Any suggestions with more advanced tutorials would be awesome too! thanks!
CourtneyStars in progress___.3dm (1.4 MB)

You will need to run the Rhino command “ShrinkTrimmedSrf” on your target surface first.
FlowAlongSrf uses the whole surface, not just the trimmed portion. This is why you need to shrink before smashing, etc.
PanelingTools plugin and creating grids are more useful if you need to populate a repeated pattern. A unique cluster like the one you have is best done with FlowAlongSrf.

1 Like

Thanks rajaa! That was easy! I tried that step before, but clearly not in the right order- or maybe I undid it because I didn’t see any visible results! Yay! Next up- trying the paneling tools. Thanks for sending those instructions, at first I was overwhelmed by them, but I have been reading a little bit a day and experimenting.
Courtney