When i join these open surfaces it still creates an open polysurface, how can i close it

grivna.3dm (9.4 MB)

Hi @maimun2002
Iā€™m guessing, that you are referring to the two small, open surfaces near 0,0,0? My guess is, that youā€™ve made the surfaces using the nearby curves(NetworkSrf?) and then mirrored and scaled. If thatā€™s the case, try making the surface from the curves, mirror it and join the two halves (which should work) and THEN scale. When you scale before you join, the edge is ā€œscaled out of toleranceā€, so to speak, and if you zoom in on the edges of your current two halves, youā€™ll see that the edges are actually not overlapping. The tolerance in NetworkSrf is determined by its dialogbox, and if you modify your geometry afterwards, you can easily get things out of tolerance. By joining BEFORE you scale, you let Rhino know, that those two edges need to ā€œstick togetherā€.
HTH, Jakob

Actually, if you just scale your existing two halves on the X-axis, they join just fine, and you can then ā€œre-scaleā€ them to the desired width.
-Jakob

1 Like

Even if I donā€™t scale, when i join and merge all edges on the mirrored polysurfaces it still creates an open polysurface.

Hi @maimun2002
I just checked to see, if maybe it was a "Rhino5 vs Rhino6 "-thing, but Iā€™m getting the same result in Rhino5 - see attached video. If I join the two halve before scaling, thereā€™s a naked edge spanning half the shape. If I scale the width to 0.5 and join, it becomes a closed polysurface - and stays closed as I scale the width back up to the original width (by factor 2). You are not seeing this?

-Jakob

1 Like

Hi, sorry Iā€™m still new to the program
watching the video i saw you typing ā€˜ā€˜iccā€™ā€™ in the command tab witch selected only the edge, i tryied typing the thing but it says that there is no such command.

:grimacing: Sorry @maimun2002 - just one of my aliases. It turns off the isocurves of the surfaces. Itā€™s not important for the the rest of the video or the functionality of the rest of the commands. I just prefer my surfaces without all the isocurves (the thin black lines on the surface). Itā€™s purely cosmetic! Itā€™s just the -Properties Object ShowIsoCurves No on a button. You can get the same thing by going to the properties tab (with an object selected) and remove the tick from ā€œShow surface isocurvesā€ (Under ā€œIsocurve Densityā€).
-Jakob

Oh God hahaah I got it, it is way simpler than i thought , Thanks a lot!
Cheers!