When I export Rhino 5 files as Rhino 4 files, when rendering with Flamingo in Rhino 4 the object does not display material colors. Can this be fixed?

When I export Rhino 5 files as Rhino 4 files, when rendering with Flamingo in Rhino 4 the object does not display material colors. Can this be fixed?

Flamingo 1 seems to be incompatible with Rhino 5. But Rhino 4 files exported from Rhino 5 appear not to be compatible with Flamingo 1 in Rhino 4…is there a solution besides upgrading Flamingo?

I Have recently upgraded to Rhino 5 and a new PC etc. I am an unemployed disability pensioner and can’t afford to upgrade from Flamingo 1 as well but I have no use for any of the above if I can’t render images. How do I get around this problem ?

I will greatly appreciate a solution.

To install Flamingo 1.1 into Rhino 5 there are a few steps:

1. Flamingo 1.1 is 32-bit only. So you need to install both the Rhino 5 32 and 63 bit versions.
  2. Instead of installing off your original Flamingo 1 disk, install off the Rhino 4.0 Red CD. There is a Flamingo 1.1 installer there. Use your Flamingo 1.0 CD-key.
  3. If all works out, then the 32-bit Rhino 5 should run Flamingo 1.1. If not, then get back to me.

Displaying material colors in the display in Rhino 5 is not fully supported from any of the Flamingo’s that run in Rhino 4 and 5. You will not be able to count on that in Rhino 5.

Does this work?