What type of persistent data can be used in Shapediver?

I am trying to use some persistent data in my GH definition which is compatible with Shapediver. (in persistent I mean persistent between solutions) I’ve explained my approach in this post

Within GH I found a partial solution with the recorder component. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with SD.

What approach can be used to be compatible with SD? Is the sticky directory can be an option? Does it work in SD if I would use it in a Python component?

My other thinking is using a (FSM) finite state machine in Python, but I am not sure if that would solve the problem.

Grasshopper Recorder component is not allowed as the definition must maintain a one-to-one relationship with a computed result. One set of parameters should always lead to the same outputs.

When it comes to creating multiple geometries from the same input fields, maybe you could use transformations as well to achieve your goal, see this tutorial.

Thanks @pavol I think I will need to use another approach as I need more control on the inputs. The users could setup several objects, in the range of 20 sometime. That would be very cumbersome to have, let say, 5 input type per object, so 100 inputs. I cannot create them randomly or with any algorithm, as there is no logic between the different objects. …Probably I need to look at something from imports. …I can have all input data for these ~20 objects in JSON, CSV or other text format. What would be the best to import it to Shapediver? In some flexible way? sometimes the import will be repeated and the result should be seen in SD.

It would be great a file format which I can test locally in GH but still works in SD.

Imagine I would have the following in a JSON:

[
  {
    "type": "box",
    "id": 1,
    "width": 1,
    "height": 2,
    "depth": 0.5
  },
  {
    "type": "box",
    "id": 2,
    "width": 1.2,
    "height": 2.2,
    "depth": 0.6
  },
  {
    "type": "sphere",
    "id": 3,
    "diameter": 1.2
  }
]

If the data changes, then I would call SD back-end to calculate the geometry again and render it in the viewer.

JSON is a standard format for any web development and it gives you lot of flexibility for your use case as well. To learn more how to make the most of it in ShapeDiver context, see this tutorials:

Thank you, that looks great, this will be the solution for my problem :wink: