What to backup and reinstate for a PC rebuild ref Rhino 4 and 5

Yes. That’s why it’s good to save under another name, as you never know. This is not automatic and Rhino does not prompt you to save changes or not - it just automatically saves it every time you close Rhino.

If you didn’t actually modify the toolbar images themselves with the button editor, then the color changes are not stored in the .rui. You probably just tweaked your appearance color scheme in options, that should transfer over with the rest of your settings in OptionsExport/Import, but if not, re-do it manually in the new install (takes 10 seconds if you know what you want).

–Mitch

Hi Mitch,

My tools icons rollout panels I see have not kept the fix I made to them, their white lines are hardly visible.
Obviously not part of the ini file then which has made my grid and backgrounds as I like them.
Import properties from V4 to V5 ...how? sees me asking of how to edit the colours to get the white lines in the icons to show up. Features a screen image of the lines panel showing the issue.
I see on the mac thread someone also requiring this Icon visibility on white background

Margaret says…Check out Options > Appearance > Colors. Scroll down in the dialog
box to the “Window colors.” I think changing Window color 3 will give
you what you need.

Just tried that now and no joy, I had managed it so I wish it had been saved to ini, but not, toolbars you say it wouldnt have been saved to.

So where did my fix for the white tool icons get saved to ? Wish I could remember how I did it. Any idea, as you say a windows colour edit somewhere.

I haven’t brought in yet the display backup files.

Steve

Make Window color 1 and Window color 2 darker. If you make them the same color, you will also remove the gradient effect and get a flat “chrome”.

Default:

Darker:

Very dark:

Hi Mitch,
Many Thanks,
that’s the fix.
Maybe the thread on the mac forum I linked needs this answer as well.

Great

Steve