What model space scale should default Rhino V7 be?

Please someone,
I AM UNABLE TO START WITH V7.
I HAVENT A CLUE IF ITS MODEL SPACE SCALE SHOULD BE 1 OR 10.

RhinoV5 came with Model Space Scale (MSC) 10 and I went with that, to be told years later by Pascal its responsible for dims being microscopic in V7
If I alter dims styles for MSC in V5 to 1 all is ok, when file then opened into V7. all except for text gap which it will NOT HONOUR…
@pascal
@jeremy5
Pascal and Jeremy in

said make my V5 dims styles model space scale 1, so a text height 0.01 would then be edited to 0.1, arrow length 0.01 would be edited to 0.1 and so on.
I do this and now dims are visible in V7.

If I create a NEW file in V7 I see its model space scale is 10 !!!

furthermore to add to my bewilderment there is now an additional ‘adjusted text height’ 1.25

ye gods.

I want text 0.1inch tall, if I am in 1:1 scale as I wish to always work, I need model space scale 1 and text height 0.1, surely thats correct.
why do I have to work out what the height should be with a 1.25 factor to get 0.1inch tall ?
can I ignore that 1.254 inch as that aplied across many dim styles from V5 is going to be hell.

why cant we have model space scale 1 and text hight 0.1 for 0.1 inch tall text ?

here we go again. :weary:

If I leave it as that and open V5 into it, having altered V5 dims styles to MSC 1 whats going to happen ?

This is doing my head in.

I AM UNABLE TO START A PROJECT IN V7 UNTIL I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE.

1. should I alter all dims styles of V5 to MSC 1 ? (it allows dims to be right size in V7)
  2. This means surely that V7 MSC is 1 yet a new file sees an inbuilt MSC as 10. just as V5 was. :weary:
  3. why is text gap not working as expected ? see images above.

WHAT SHOULD A DEFAULT V7 INCHES SMALL OBJECT FILE DIMS BE …MSC 1 OR 10 ?
so as to not be told for V8 that V7 had a bug and was set to MSC 10 !

just as I am being told V5 should not have been MSC10.

Having imported a mesh into V7 to start my use of V7 I have had to delete the file and exit V7 as I havent a clue on what dims styles should be set to in V7 and how to continue/bring in my dims from V5 with their now MSC 1 styles used in V5 giving 0.1inch tall text and text gap as was.
Steve