What is Grasshopper?

:pray: thanks

Pictorial blocks with input fields, connecting wires that change a drawing immensely efficiently.

I’ve been in the situation before and the best way i’ve managed to explain it;

Unlike traditional modelling, parametric modelling tools such as grasshopper, allow for non destructive modelling.
While it usually takes a longer time to setup up properly compared to traditional modelling, the parametric model can be changed non-destructively, allowing one to explore 1000’s of options by just changing a single number and skipping the whole remodelling phase.

Now i know this doesn’t cover everything and even has some half-truths to it, but by my experience, it is the explanation that bridges the gap the fastest.

Hi,
I have now watched the video from parametric, as well as the introduction tutorials from David a while ago. I am just starting with Grasshopper, but I am an experienced Rhino user. Well, not experienced in all aspects of it, but enough to pursue and support my hobby, which is designing and building model airplanes. So I am not the “civilian” as per the TS definition, but I still need to learn a lot about GH.
What I believe is a bit under exposed in all of the above explanations, is the fact that GH does not need to be the design tool from scratch, and can very well be employed as an enhancement of “manual” Rhino designs.
As an example, see my first real GH design generating a simulation of a retractable landing gear, described here: Move animated objects
The result is then baked into an already present Rhino model of the airframe.

Max.