What Grasshopper user-objects are you using?

Similiar to this topic about Rhino time savers I wanted to start a thread and ask the community:
What does help you in your daily GH life?
Do you know maybe cool workaround for solving everyday problems?

Let’s share our solutions! : )

Furthering my knowledge about mathematics, physics, and programming.

1 Like

Something I need quite often is a Multi Fillet component. Since there is nothing like it in the standard Grasshopper repertoire I coded one myself.
multi-fillet

Get it from here!

1 Like

In terms of user objects, I probably use my Mesh Loft component, written in Python, most.
Mesh Loft .ghuser (5.6 KB)

1 Like

‘froGH’ has some cool components that help save some time, some times :slight_smile:

As far as what ‘helps’, definitely tolerating failure :sweat_smile:, and what p1r4t3b0y commented:

The old GH forum had a group Milkbox, that seemed to meet this need although it was difficult to know what was actually there that might be of interest.

When I used to work with GH all day, I should have (but actually did not) store all my C# Scripts within a user component. Although you might not use this script again 1 to 1 , extracting coding snippets would have been much more simple, instead of opening up other definitions. Would be quite interesting to know who actually works on real life problems all day with Grasshopper. I bet this number is quite low anyway…

1 Like

Would be quite interesting to know who actually works on real life problems all day with Grasshopper.

I do now (once I left Architecture) :smiley:

I also have a file of all C# scripts I make in clusters that I save and when I have time they eventually find themselves in Pufferfish.

5 Likes

I did as well, but I currently know only 3-4 guys maximum still doing Grasshopper as a full time job, which is quite a low number for all the “gh-experts” I have met. All of them architects, having left architecture.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes