What does the SubD Corners option in the quadremesher do?

hi there … i think the Rhino docs have not been updated for this yet since it isn’t mentioned here: QuadReMesh | Rhino 3-D modeling

from playing around with it i can’t really see what it does …

https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/7/help/en-us/index.htm#commands/quadremesh.htm?Highlight=quadremesh

sorry @John_Brock i don’t see this option explained there either. I’m talking about the Subd Corners option in this dialogbox:

i also wanted to ask if the ‘Use Surface Edges’ option is know to be buggy. I’m not having much luck with it, when i select it never completes the calculation or i get the spinning beachball and have to force quit Rhino.

SubD Corners works for certain special cases to try to preserve sharp corners of a SubD

As to your other issues we’ll need more info in order to be helpful.

@chris16
It’s at the bottom of the Help file article.

ok maybe i’m stupid or just blind but i can’t find anything about this option in the help article, as far as i can see there is no mention of this option in the help article you linked to.

but many thx @Trav that answers my question. As for the issue with the Edges option, when i force quit Rhino i got a message that Rhino crashed and that a debug report would be available in a couple of minutes … where do i find this report so i can provide it to you ?

Hi Chris -

No, that option is not documented. I’ve added DOC-303 to the things to take a look at.

You don’t. When Rhino crashes, hopefully, a Rhino crash reporter window will open and let you send that file.

When Rhino hangs, though, you can manually create a crash dump file and send that over.
Please follow all instructions on this page for help on how to do that.
Thanks,
-wim