What are the red and green squares on components?

Hello

Today red and green squares appeared on some of the inputs and outputs of the components. I’ve never seen this before. Does anyone know what they are?

Here is the file:
Curtain-generator_Red-Green-Squares.gh (50.1 KB)

I’m not sure if this is related, but navigating around the Grasshopper canvas has become very laggy recently too. For example, it struggles to move when I right-click and drag, instead bringing up the right-click menu.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Matthew

don’t know either, maybe its because of this plugin whitch I haven’t installed and replaced by the standard DivideLength component.
Screenshot 2021-07-25 114109

What plugin? Oh, this one:

missing

I’ve never seen those red and green “squares” before. Someone’s idea of being helpful?

It might be from the pancake plug in

It’s the hint box from Pancake’s Param Access Overlay. The feature is turned off by default.

The Pancake Menu → Param Access Overlay

Hi there,

Do you mean this?

The check box is ticked by default and can be unticked during a grasshopper session, but the untick is not preserved so when you next start grasshopper the box is ticked again. Version 2.1.4.0.

Unticking the check box does not remove the red and green boxes, nor does using Remove all highlights from the Pancake menu.

I apogolize I mean this:

Let me invesitgate the issue of the “hint optional” checkbox.

1 Like

Thanks @gankeyu that solved it. I must have clicked the Param Access Overlay by accident when going through menus.