What are my options to purchase Rhino 5 Mac

Hi, I would like to purchase Rhino 5 for Mac and would like to know what my options are?

As I understand I can

1. Purchase a copy from a reseller in my country of residence (Israel)

2. Purchase a single-user license for $660 and download a copy of Rhino 5 for Mac - at no extra cost. Please could you supply the url for purchasing a single-user licence
    Like to know if:
    a) this is a lifetime license
    b) Am I entitled to receive upgrades to Rhino for Mac - eg. if Rhino 6 for mac is released.
    c) What else does this license entitle me to.

3. Is there an option to use a cloud based version and pay monthly/yearly?

Thanks very much for your help
David

Yes.

I am assuming you are referring to Rhino V6 (Windows) here. If so, $660 is an incredibly good price as a V6 commercial license retails for $995… I don’t know who’s offering V6 at that price… Rhino V5 for Mac, retails for $695, but the Windows version is more expensive.

You can buy a commercial license of Rhino V6 and request a V5 for Mac key at no extra cost. You can either buy a license from an authorized reseller for your territory or directly from McNeel.

Yes, within the same version - version change upgrades are paid upgrades. Rhino licenses are not timed and do not expire.

If you buy a V6 license as above, it will be valid for Rhino for Mac V6 when it comes out. Further version change upgrades (i.e. V7+) will be paid upgrades.

Much joy in using Rhino! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not for the moment.

–Mitch

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your reply,

Helvetosaur:

I am assuming you are referring to Rhino V6 (Windows) here. If so, $660 is an incredibly good price as a V6 commercial license retails for $995… I don’t know who’s offering V6 at that price… Rhino V5 for Mac, retails for $695, but the Windows version is more expensive.

I specifically said Rhino 5 for Mac and this is where I saw $660 for a single-user license:

https://www.studica.com/us/en/RobertMcNeel/rhino-5-for-mac/mr50.html

What am I missing?

Thanks

David

Sorry, I read this line

and assumed incorrectly you were referring to the ‘download a Rhino V5 for Mac license when you buy a V6 for Windows’ offer. Naturally if you purchase a Rhino for Mac V5 license you get to download the software at no extra cost, it would be ridiculous if they sold you the license and then charged you additional to download the software… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So if it’s V5 for Mac you want, then you already outlined the two procedures - either buy from a locally authorized reseller or order from McNeel directly. Looks like Studica has relations around the world, so maybe they have an authorized partner in your territory.

Sorry for the confusion.

We did just that previously.

How do I do that?

… running the Rhino Zoo 6.5.

Can I do this from Israel? - please can you give me the url where to order from

Thanks
David

@davidm

You can buy a license through one of our local Authorised Resellers in your country. To find them, please visit www.rhino3d.com/sales and choose your country from the pull-down menu on the right side (under the title “Select Country”).

Alternatively, you can place your order directly through us on our website:

@msmr

Please follow this links: https://www.rhino3d.com/access-rhino-5/mac

When trying to “downgrade” our Rhino Windows 6 licenses, this error comes up:

from german: “This license key is not approved for a downgrade:”

@msmr please, emailthe license key you are trying to downgrade to sales.eu@mcneel.com and we will check it.

Thank you.

1 Like

… seems to only apply to newly purchased license keys.

Thanks for the info, @Bernat