Weird square on texture map

Hey,

Im new to Rhino 7 for mac, been using 5 for a while… Anybody know why Im getting this different colored square on my texture map? The image doesn’t look like this and it didn’t look like this in Rhino 5 either. Is this a setting I can change?

Thanks!

Does the square go away when you hide all other objects?

The shaded square is there even if its just a surface… However, I have isolated this issue to images that were sized in photoshop. I’ll mess around with it some more, but not a great situation because I often use photoshop to size images for mapping. Never had a problem with this in Rhino 5.

Any ideas of whats going on would be greatly appreciated!

Actually just tried saving as a .png instead of a .jpg and the issue is resolved. Of course still curious what was happening. Thanks for encouraging more detective work.

Hello - can you please post one of these resized images?

-Pascal

Here is the original that works well and here is the cropped in photoshop that has the shaded square.

Thanks… no square here so far; can you please export a plane that has the material applied and that shows the problem on your system?

-Pascal

Here is the file with the weird shaded square from my side…shade_square_photoshop_crop.3dm (56.0 KB)