Wavy lines on TrimSurface

Hi people!!

I’m working on a tricky exercise base on wavy lines on a Trim Surface. I’ve use a piece of code from that topic https://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/rippled-or-pillowed-surface?commentId=2985220%3AComment%3A1782035 and it works perfect on a simple surface (you can see the file Example Wavy Lines)

But, in my exercise I need to apply the same feature (wavy lines and fade it out on the contour) but on a Trim Surface (you can see the image). I’m really lost about the process to do that… Any idea or help it wil be very appreciate.

Many Thanks!!

Example_wavy_lines.3dm (539.8 KB) .

wavy_lines_untrim surface.gh (11.9 KB)

wavy_lines_untrim surface_re.gh (15.1 KB)

Hi @dowazura !! Many thanks for your help! That’s the result that I wanted to get :slight_smile:

I’m trying to apply your definition to my base surface (is another different Trim surface) and it doesn’t works. I’m checking the definition and I can’t see where’s the problem… Its just a matter of replace the base surface… Do you see where is the mistake?

Many thanks for your help @dowazura

my_result.gh (209.8 KB)

my_result_re.gh (207.2 KB)

I see now where is the mistake… I had to use Pull Curve…

I really appreciate your help!! Thanks a lot again.

El El vie, 17 ene 2020 a las 13:17, dowazura via McNeel Forum mcneel@discoursemail.com escribió:

Hi @dowazura,

I’m stuck with another shape where I want to apply wavy lines on a trim surfacer. I’m using your definition but this time I have a problem on the limits of the shape. I hope you can give a hand, I’m a bit frustaded because I can`t find a nice solution.

1. I need to get a continuos limit (you can see the image)
  2. How can I increase the fading on the limit. I want to increase the area of the fading
  3. Is it possible to get big waves?

Many Thanks for any help you can give me.

wavy_lines_untrim surface_v2.gh (323.3 KB)