Wallacei - setting specific genes of individuals in the first generation

I would like to ask if it is possible to somehow set specific genes of individuals of the first generation. I know it’s possible to modify the first generation with Random seed, but that’s still random.

I would like to follow up on the results of the previous optimization. So I would make the first generation individuals the same as the last generation individuals in the previous optimization.
It’s a replacement for the ,Resume Wallacei, that was discussed in this thread. Resume Wallacei

Is it possible to do something like this, or does a genetic algorithm basically need a random first generation. My goal would be to use previous optimizations and not always calculate from scratch.

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately this isnt part of the public release of Wallacei yet, but we do acknowledge its value… keep an eye out for future updates where we integrate this feature!

Hi Mohammed,
thank you very much for the answer. Can you predict the time horizon when this might happen? I’m working on a certain task and I don’t know if I should wait for an update or solve the problem in another way.

ah thats a difficult one to answer… we try to push updates as quickly as we can but sometimes they take a while to do… i would suggest you find a workaround instead of waiting for the update

Thank you