Walkabout - have I come across a bug or am I taking crazy pills?

Hello,
I am having a couple issues with the walkabout feature…

1. when pressing right mouse button to look around (ie change direction/aim) and resuming to move forward camera, it reverts to the direction/aim before looking around.
  2. panning after looking around seems to solve the issue and stay in the proper direction/aim, however a strange clipping begins to occur and clip away the 3d model from about 10 feet away on-wards ( or 3 meters for you European chaps out there)
    Is this a bug?
    Any help / insights would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

You’re not going nuts… the tool has some bugs I’m afraid.

-Pascal

I just wanted to voice my desire for McNeel to fix this. Rhino is an important tool for many architects. One of the major advantages to building a 3D model over a physical model is that you can walk through it… this is a really important feature. I have seen 10 threads about this over the years, going back to at least 2012.

The real win would be if someone wrote a plugin so that you could walk through your model like a videogame, so that you can perceive changes in topography, or stairs etc. These are all critical for creative design decisions.

1 Like

Is this what you are looking for

https://amcbridge.com/labs/desktop-apps/unity-rhino

Okeating— thanks! The internet can be really wonderful sometimes. I’m definitely going to try this out.