Voronoi facade planar

Good day to all,

I have a problem in creating a Voronoi geometry, which should consist of planar surfaces. Later I need to model the shell with a certain thickness to a layer.
The goal is that these should then be built from flat wood panels.

I get the error “Invalid Curve”.

Thank you very much for your help.

planar.3dm (2.3 MB)
planar.gh (14.7 KB)

consider using facet dome…
planar_dfytz.gh (20.5 KB)

Yes, that would be a possibility, but unfortunately the result of the pattern is worse than with the Voronoi.
I would like to create such a structure later then.

https://parametric-architecture.com/kerfonic-wall-the-sound-of-kerf/

okay. It is fixable anyway

planar_dfytz_2.gh (10.8 KB)

1 Like

I don’t know if it is useful but there are other method to distribute the points on sphere to have better “Voronoi”
Here points on a spiral that is
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/The-spherical-spiral-with-a-constant-angular-increase-left-and-its-equidistant_fig1_224989037

You can use RhinoPolyhedra also that has lots of polygons that have a spherical shape

And if you want things different than a sphere there is a slight contradiction as it is said in your reference paper that the surfaces have a double curvature (not flat).

Thank you very much for your help.

I like this style very much.

Everything has worked. But now I don’t have a sphere as reference volume, but a corner Voronoi cell.
How could I bevel the faces at the edges & corners so that the volume is not rounded out too much?
Preferably only minimal changes in the center of the surfaces and only strong changes at the edges.
The shape should still be recognizable at the end.

Thanks a lot

Voronoi-Version.gh (15.1 KB)

Here’s an alternative way of approaching this. If your input geometry is planar, the polygonal cells will be too, with creased cells at the edges

Voronoi-Version.gh (17.6 KB)

Over the edge would be a variant. But would it be possible if you do not bend over the edges?
So that a new sloping surface is created in the edges?

Or how could I delete the intersections between the pattern and the volume?
So, removing the one points from the many points along the edge.

Thanks a lot