VisualARQ on MAC via Parallels

Has anyone tried to run VisualARQ on a Mac by using Parallels to run Windows? Both VisARQ and Parallels offer free trials if anyone wants to try it. I gave it a go but VisARQ acted a bit weird, I was curious if anyone else has tried it and had success.

Hi @user3134,

We usually suggest to use Boot Camp, as Parallels can produce some problems as you experienced. Anyway, if you send me information about the problems you noticed, I will check if it is something which is also happening if you are not using Parallels.

1 Like

Hi Alfonso, I have a Mac with an M1 processor which is not able to run Boot Camp. Can you not help with Parallels? How are you guys going with development for vis arq for Mac? Thanks

Hi @user3134,

If you have a Mac with a M1 processor, then you’ll have to use the ARM edition of Windows. This means thar Rhino and VisualARQ will run under two unsupported layers:

1. Virtualization: Windows inside Parallels
  2. Emulation: using the Microsoft x86 to ARM translator (similar to Apple’s Rosetta 2)

When I say “unsupported”, I mean that we (and McNeel) do not provide support for these scenarios. It may or may not work.

Enric

1 Like