Visualarq for Rhino 7 gets "Grasshopper Loading Errors" at start

Good afternoon,

I get this error with VisualArq in Rhino 7 while starting:

imatge

I read in older posts that it could be a problem related to other Grasshopper plugins, so I removed all of them, but I still have these 4 error messages (before removing other plugins I got many more errors). I don’t have any problem with VisualArq in Rhino 6.

Furthermore, I noticed that when I get this error in Rhino 7, “Create Hatch” component in Grasshopper is missing. I don’t know why.

It is a bit annoying because it slows down loading of Rhino 7, even if I’m not going to use VisualArq.

Is there any way to solve it?

Thanks!

Hi @mrocam9,

This is a known Rhino 7 error that happens when:

• Rhino 7 is using a local license (commercial or evaluation)
  • A plug-in is loaded at Rhino start (auto-start plugins, default template with plugin data, etc…)

Changing the Rhino license mode to Zoo or Cloud Zoo fixes this issue.
If VisualARQ is being loaded at startup is probably because you have a default template that has VisualARQ data (like the templates provided by VisualARQ).

This bug has already been reported to McNeel:
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-63463

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in VisualARQ to fix this issue. As a workaround, change your Rhion license mode to Zoo or Cloud Zoo or change your current default template to one of the default Rhino templates.

Regards,

Enric

Exactly, I’m using a Rhino 7 local license. Well… we’ll have to wait.

Thanks!

Marc

Hi @Marc,

Do you have a VisualARQ template as a default template?

Enric

Hi @enric,

Actually no. It is a custom template that I had to “save as” in order to update to Rhino version 7. I suppose that it saved some VisualArq data on it so it makes this plugin to load. If I set up one of default Rhino templates as the default one, the problem doesn’t occur at start. It occurs only when I launch some plugin such as VisualArq or Grasshopper.

Thank you!

Marc

Hi @mrocam9,

You can try to open the template, run the command vaPurge which should remove all VisualARQ data from the document, and save it again as a template.

Regards,

Enric

Hi. I am having the same error. I have the latest version of rhino and visualarq and using Revit 2023. Any update how to solve this?

Hi @asisintel do you get exactly the same error message? can you attach a screenshot? Does that happen when opening a specific file in Rhino or in Grasshopper being run from Revit?