Visual Studio Debug64

I’m getting the following error when I try to debug a grasshopper component using Visual Studio and targeting Rhino5 64bit (Debug64). The VS output tab reads: The program ‘[19244] Rhino.exe’ has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

This is the error message. From what I can understand it seems some other process is trying to take control of the Rhino process while Visual Studio is launching the application. The additional information is in Portuguese, sorry about that, but I will not try to translate because I could mess up.

DisconnectedContext occurred
Message: Managed Debugging Assistant ‘DisconnectedContext’ has detected a problem in ‘C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0\64-bit\System\Rhino.exe’.
Additional information: A transição para o contexto COM 0xe160d0 para este RuntimeCallableWrapper falhou com o seguinte erro: O objeto invocado foi desligado dos respetivos clientes. (Excepção de HRESULT: 0x80010108 (RPC_E_DISCONNECTED)). Isto normalmente deve-se ao facto de o contexto COM 0xe160d0 onde este RuntimeCallableWrapper foi criado ter sido desligado ou estar ocupado com outra operação. A libertar as interfaces do contexto COM atual (contexto COM 0xe161f8). Isto poderá originar dados danificados ou perdidos. Para evitar este problema, certifique-se de que todos os contextos/apartments/threads COM permanecem ativos e estão disponíveis para transição de contexto até a aplicação ter concluído completamente os RuntimeCallableWrappers que representam os componentes COM que residem neles.

I guess you have no way to test whether it still fails on Rhino6?

Turn off “managed debugging assistant” in the exception settings

@nathanletwory Thanks! That worked. @DavidRutten I do have RHino6 installed but hadn’t tried to debug in Rhino6 yet.
This project was created on VS Mac and there was debugging fine. Now on Rhino5 and Rhino6 in Windows the component tab doesn’t show, nor the component I’m testing. What I’m doing wrong here.

@Filipe_Brandao incidently one dev asked about exactly the same exception yesterday. The answer was given by @stevebaer then, but I thought I’d take the credit here on the forum :wink:

1 Like