Visual crash

I’m just starting with Rhino 6. I use it in a Toshiba laptop with only 4Gb RAM 1,7 Ghz 64 bits with Win 10 Home.
I open a 160 Gb file, and everything is correct, in ghosted mode, but suddenly, image freezes and I can’t continue working.

Commands still running, but image keeps freezed and I have to close program…

Hardware is not strong enough?

I was working before for a long time with Rhino 5 and never had problems of this type.

Graphic processor is Intel ® HD Graphics with controller 20.19.15.4549

What is wrong?

Best regards

Please post the contents of Help > System Information menu.

infosyst.txt (1.4 KB)

Do you know what CPU model you have in your laptop?

You may want to update you Intel GPU driver to start with - in Windows Update a new version was pushed sometime around March I think. Let me know if that makes things work better.

Toshiba Satellite Pro R50-C-11R
Procesador Intel Celeron 3215U, 4GB DDR3L (1600MHz), 1TB (5400rpm) SATA con 3D Sensor, Pantalla panorámica (16:9) Toshiba TFT con tecnología LED Mate 15.6 HD, Windows 10 Home 64Bit.

I’ll try to update video controller

Thanks

Contrroller already updated!

But the problem is still the same.

I’m trying now with a boat hull file of 16 Mb.

If i’m in ghosted or shaded mode and make zoom in a small area of the hull, program crashes.

I’ve tried the same in rendered mode and no problem in that case…
I’ve tried with a new file doing some extrusions, rebuilding to bigger degree and doing some surface and no problem too…

I keep trying…

Best regards
infosyst02.txt (1.4 KB)

When Rhino crashes are you presented a dialog to send in a crash report? Please do if you get that dialog, it’ll help us diagnose and (hopefully) fix the problem.

If you don’t get such a dialog, but Rhino still crashes, please check your desktop for files called RhinoCrashDump.3dm and RhinoCrashDump.dmp. If you have such files please put them in a zip file and upload using www.rhino3d.com/upload - use nathan@mcneel.com as the recipient. I’ll get an automated notification when the upload has completed successfully.

Thanks

If I am in rendering mode, even with a 160 Mb file I can work without problems.
I´ll try to find The CrashDump files.

Thanks

I have uninstalled Rhino 6 and installed again with all default options.

Problem is still the same.
I have tried with safe mode and problem continues when I zoom in a part of the piece is in the file (quite simple geometries). But I can recover from freezing with ZoomExtents, if I try again to make zoom, screen get freezed again but Command line is still working.

I can’t get a crash report. Seems to be only a visual freezing…

Some more thing I can do?

Thanks